DD2 will be ten years old in a little over a week, and we have no idea of what to get her.
We know what kind of cake she wants.
But ask her about presents and she just says ‘I don’t know, just get me something good!’
I know she’ll be upset if she doesn’t have something special. After all ten is an important age. But I’m really worried she going to be sorely disappointed unless we have a brainwave soon, as we can only think of a few little things.
DD likes Minecraft, reading, writing , drawing and knitting. She’s not very sporty but she does like swimming and riding her bike. She loves music and plays a few different instruments, so I don’t really want to encourage her to take up another one.
She’s not very girly, and likes quite a lot of ‘Boy’ things like lego, video games and ‘boy’s’ books. She’s not really into clothes, jewellery or nail polish/ make up. She likes food, but isn’t interested in cooking.
This is what we have on the list so far
- a minecraft T shirt. I’m having trouble finding one in age 10-12 though.
- A pair of swimming goggles. She’s not been allowed to use goggles in swimming lessons until now, but she’s finally moved up into the later classes where they all seem to wear them.
- A box of sweets/ treats. This is a tradition in our household. The birthday child gets given a sweet box to do what they want to with. DD2 has already been caught telling her siblings she won’t share any with them if they do XYZ.
- Some books. I have no idea what though. She likes Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Northern Lights, Inkspell…that kind of thing.
- A personalised notebook and pens. Similar to our teacher’s presents this year.
That’s quite a lot isn’t it? But I know she’ll be expecting something bigger as, well. But what?
Please help me? Has anyone got any ideas?